Thursday, January 17, 2008

Curly Queue



My latest assortment of curled headpins for my unofficial Ancient Greece series. The shape and hammered finish are inspired by thoughts of goddesses: warrior or otherwise. I always get confused about which are the Greek deities, and which are the Roman. But here are just a few.... There are the obvious ones, of course, that everybody knows: Diana, goddess of the moon and the hunt; Venus, goddess of love and beauty; Athena, goddess of wisdom and handicrafts. But here are some others you may not recognize: Demeter, goddess of fertility; Hera, goddess of marriage; Artemis, goddess of the hunt; Pomona, goddess of fruit trees; Minerva, goddess of wisdom and war. In coming days I'll post pictures of some of the jewelry I've made using these pins.

No comments: